Pennsylvania Gun And Firearm Rights Restoration FAQFrequently Asked Questions

The attorneys at RecordGone.com have answered all of the most commonly asked Pennsylvania firearm rights restoration questions. We can help you to get your firearm rights back. We offer a firearm rights restoration service as well as a free online eligibility test to check if you are eligible to regain your firearm rights.

Simply click on a question to view its answer:

Comments:

E

07/11/2014 11:39 pm

Firearms not to be carried without a license. A felony 3 , what are my chances?

MathewHigbee

07/16/2014 08:33 pm

What was the felony for and when did it occur?

Frank Zane

10/01/2014 07:03 pm

Good Day, state of PA. I have a M1 from 1982 and a M2 from 1984. I plead guilty to both and served no prison time. For the M1, I was given 2 years probation, and for the M2, I paid restitution. The M2 case was closed 15 years ago. I have been a model citizen since then, working in a professional environment for 24 years straight. I have plenty of references and no arrests since the M2 terminated 15 years ago. What are the chances of restoring my gun rights since its been more than 24 years since that M1 probation was over with? Thank you.

mike

10/08/2014 02:19 pm

I got a misdemeanor for carrying without a license, but it was my registered gun and loaded in the trunk of my car. I have no felonies and I am army vet with 2 tours in Iraq. I got an honorable discharge and have multiple awards. I haven't been in trouble with the law since the conviction 7 years ago, and I just want to know if I can get my rights restored.

Jenna Thorne

10/08/2014 09:23 pm

Hello Frank, unfortunately a firearm rights restoration in Pennsylvania will not fully restore your gun rights. A Misdemeanor 1 conviction in PA is punishable by up to five years imprisonment. Because the maximum penalty (regardless of what sentence you received) is greater than 2 years confinement, an M1 conviction is treated as a felony for the purposes of the federal firearm prohibition. A PA gun restoration does not lift the federal ban. Therefore, currently the only way to fully restore your PA gun rights is to apply for a pardon. Please see our page on pardons here: http://www.recordgone.com/expu...

Jenna Thorne

10/08/2014 10:56 pm

Without additional information regarding exactly what you were convicted of, I cannot say for sure if you can get your rights restored. However, a conviction under Section 6106 (carrying without a license) in Pennsylvania generally is either a 3rd degree Felony or a Misdemeanor 1. If you were convicted of an M1, the federal firearm prohibition applies to you, and a PA restoration does not lift the federal ban at this time. Your best option in that case would be to apply for a pardon in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.

If you were convicted of a lower level misdemeanor and believe your rights are prohibited in PA but not under federal law, there is generally a 10 year waiting period before you can apply for the restoration in PA court.

JS

10/10/2014 11:26 am

After being 302'ed as a minor in Pennsylvania is there any chance of getting my gun rights restored? It has been 14 years since the charge.

Ryan Frasnelli

10/13/2014 10:12 pm

I have two different charges for possession with intent to deliver marijuana (the most recent was February 21, 2006. Does that mean that I have lost my gun rights in Pennsylvania? If I did lose my gun rights, would I be able to get them back?

comments powered by Disqus