Texas Criminal Record Expungement - FAQ | TX ExpungementFrequently Asked Questions

The purpose of this page is to help you better understand our Texas criminal record expungement service and expungement in general. You will find answers to the questions we are most frequently asked. If your question is related to eligibility requirements and specifically your eligibility, please take the free online expungement eligibility test.

Simply click on a question to view its answer:

Comments (8)

Topic: Texas Criminal Record Expungement - FAQ | TX Expungement

Sort
Steve Elliot
4th November 2014 11:07pm
I have a possession of meth charge from back in 1984 that was "set aside" by the judge at that time. In 2012 I got an Order of Nondisclosure regarding this case. Now when I get stopped for traffic stops the police detain me for 2-3 hours searching the car or calling for a drug dog to sniff my car. The record that the police see on their computer is in detail and they usually do not read further down into the record that this case was 'set aside' and then SEALED. Is it possible to approach the court to amend the police/law enforcement records to show at the top of this record that this case was 'set aside' in 1984 and Sealed in 2013, thus hoping to avoid long delays if I am stopped again for traffic violations? Thank you for your response.
a1isondre
9th October 2014 10:42pm
I have a family violence conviction in Texas. It is a Class A misdemeanor. I am going back to school and I want to study pharmacy science, but I can't find out if this conviction will prevent me from getting licensed as a pharmacist. If it will be a problem, is there anything I can do about my record? I am a female and the offense was against my boyfriend at the time. The offense is over five years old.
texasam1234
22nd September 2014 4:41pm
I was indicted for "retaliation". A month later the case was dismissed after evidence was provided to the prosecutor that my actions were justified. This was not a case of threatening a witness. It involved requests from employees who wanted to be transferred from under the supervision of a supervisor who was a witness in another criminal investigation. I granted the requests at the recommendation of Human resources and legal. Subsequently, I was indicted for the retaliation. Five years later I had my record expunged. I recently applied for a state job and the application required me to reveal any arrests. Is this required if my record was expunged? I feel that it may cost me my ability to be hired.
Dan R
8th October 2014 4:20am
You do not have to reveal it at all. The whole point of expunging an arrest is that the records are destroyed and it is as if it never happened. You can legally deny it so don\'t reveal it to anyone.
Izzy
20th July 2014 5:33am
I have a case that was dismissed and NFOG (not finding of guilty). Do I have to get an expungment? If not, how long is the estimated time before it's off my record?
MathewHigbee
20th July 2014 5:43am
Assuming that this is an adult case in the Texas state system, the arrest and related records will remain a part of your record until they are expunged.
ebony
16th July 2014 3:05pm
How can I get a terroristic charge, which I already served time for, off of my record?
MathewHigbee
16th July 2014 8:27pm
The only option to clear a record in Texas for those who did prison time for the offense is to receive a pardon. If a pardon is granted, the record can then be expunged by the court. This site has outstanding information about pardons in all 50 states: http://www.pardon411.com

* Required information