Texas Criminal Record Expungement - FAQ | TX ExpungementFrequently Asked Questions

The purpose of this page is to help you better understand our Texas criminal record expungement service and expungement in general. You will find answers to the questions we are most frequently asked. If your question is related to eligibility requirements and specifically your eligibility, please take the free online expungement eligibility test.

Simply click on a question to view its answer:

Comments:

ebony

07/16/2014 03:05 pm

How can I get a terroristic charge off of my record which I already served time for?

MathewHigbee

07/16/2014 08:27 pm

The only option to clear a record in Texas for those who did prison time for the offense is to receive a pardon. If a pardon is granted, the record can then be expunged by the court. This site has outstanding information about pardons in all 50 states: http://www.pardon411.com

Izzy

07/20/2014 05:33 am

I have a case that was dismissed and NFOG (not finding of guilty) do I have to get an expungment? If not, how long is the estimated time before it's off my record?

MathewHigbee

07/20/2014 05:43 am

Assuming that this is an adult case in Texas state system, the arrest and related records will remain a part of your record until they are expunged.

texasam1234

09/22/2014 04:41 pm

I was indicted for "retaliation". A month later the case was dismissed after evidence was provided to the prosecutor that my actions were justified. This was not a case of threatening a witness. It involved requests from employees who wanted to be transferred from under the supervision of a supervisor who was a witness in another criminal investigation.

I granted the requests at the recommendation of Human resources and legal.

Subsequently, I was indicted for the retaliation. Five years later I had my record expunged. I recently applied for a state job and the application required me to reveal any arrests. Is this required of my record was expunged. I feel it may cost me my ability to be hired.

Dan R

10/08/2014 04:20 am

You do not have to reveal it at all
The whole point of expunging an arrest is that the records are destroyed and it is as if it never happened
You can legally deny it
So don't reveal it to anyone
It has disappeared

a1isondre

10/09/2014 10:42 pm

I have a family violence conviction in Texas. It is a Class A misdemeanor. I am going back to school and I want to study pharmacy science, but I can't find out if this conviction will prevent me from getting licensed as a pharmacist. If it will be a problem, is there anything I can do about my record? I am a female and the offense was against my boyfriend at the time. The offense is over five years old.

Steve Elliot

11/04/2014 11:07 pm

I have a possession of meth charge from back in 1984 that was "set aside" by the judge at that time. In 2012 I got an Order of Nondisclosure regarding this case. When I now get stopped for a traffic stop the police detain me for 2-3 hours searching the car or calling for a drug dog to sniff my car. The record the police see on their computer is in detail and they usually do not read further down into the record that this case was 'set aside' and then SEALED. Is it possible to approach the court to amend the police/law enforcement records to show at the top of this record that this case was 'set aside' in 1984 and Sealed in 2013, thus hoping to avoid long delays if I am stopped again for traffic violations? Thank you for your response.

comments powered by Disqus