× Open in the RecordGone App Get
Higbee & Associates, a national law firm

Washington Record Sealing FAQFrequently Asked Questions

This page will answer questions related to record sealing in general as well as questions specific to our Washington adult record sealing service. Let us guide you through the record sealing process. You can find a wealth of information below or go directly to our record sealing service to learn more or sign up. If you want to find out if your record is eligible for sealing you can take our free online eligibility test.

Simply click on a question to see its answer:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask your question in the comments below so we can answer it for you!

Comments (2)

Add a Comment

23rd June 2015 7:03am
Is it possible for a news agency to report on the previously-obtained court documents of a case that was very public, but later sealed by the courts?
We do not handle the sealing of adult court records in Washington; our service targets the WSP records. Because of this, I am not aware of any specific portion of the law governing court sealing that would prohibit news agncies from reporting on the case. Some state's have sections of the expungement law that make it a criminal offense to knowinglt disclose an expunged case.  However generally, it is difficult to get a news agency to cease reporting the information. This is because even if the court has granted a sealing/expungement and deemed the case to not have occurred, news agencies have been able to prevail in courts, defending libel actions.  This is because they are reporting on information that occurred prior and as long as they are reporting the truth, they have been protected. You can contact the news agency to discuss these issues and request they cease reporting on the case. If they do not, I would advise contacting an attorney to look further into your options.
Camellia W.
28th January 2015 5:56pm
Can I pass the WSP Background and Criminal History, if I have been granted a Deferred Prosecution from the Judge? I am trying to obtain another WA State Job and all of them want the person to pass the background and criminal history. I have a clean record, but just charged with DUI.
Your case will still appear in both the court records and the WSP report unless you take steps to have it removed. If you completed the deferred prosecution program and have satisfied the waiting period, you may be able to seal the records through the WSP.  Please take our eligibility test to see if you are able to remove the record of that case from the Washington State Patrol\'s records.

Add Comment

Please use this section to ask questions about the law, our law firm or our services. If you have questions about your particular situation or wish to hire us to perform a service, please take the online eligibility test, read our website's extensive frequently asked question section or call us at (877) 573-7273.

Questions about your right to possess a firearm in a state other than the state where the conviction occurred generally require research for which we charge $250.

* Required information
(never displayed)
Instantly find out if you're eligible on our Eligibility Test

5 I am overwhelmed with joy that I found this service, I thought that I was going to live with the albatross for the rest of my life. They made this process as easy as it possibly could be and for an incredibly affordable rate. I could not be happier.
See More Reviews
Free Eligibility Test
//Google New Tag Manager Code 0823 JM