× Open in the RecordGone App Get
Higbee & Associates, a national law firm

Nevada Sex Registration Termination FAQFrequently Asked Questions

Do you have questions about terminating your sex offender registration requirements? Here you will find answers to the questions we are most frequently asked. If you would like us to terminate your registration requirements, please see our sex offender registration service.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask your question in the comments below so we can answer it for you!

Comments (3)

Add a Comment

Sean Mickey
27th March 2016 4:51am
I am llabeled as a Teir II sex offender in Las Vegas, NV and I was originally charged and sentenced for the sex offense in Cleveland, OH. Nevada still has me labeled as a sex offender non compliant, but I've been gone from Nevada for 12 years. They took it upon themselves to label me a Teir II sex offender when the state I was convicted in didn't. I have the paperwork from Cleveland, OH stating that I was only labeled a sex offender for 10 years, and that was up in 2008. Is their anyway to get my sex offender registry terminated since my time was already legally up? I want to come back to Las Vegas for a visit, and I can't until I get this cleared up. Thank you.
It is often possible to terminate sex offender registration in the state where the conviction did not occur.  This requires a somewhat invovled analysis of the laws of two states and, sometimes, the interplay of federal law.  We can provide a thorough analysis that explains why you have to register in each state (in this case, Nevada and Ohio) and what, if anything, can be done to end the registation requirements.  Ending sex offedner registration is a life-changing service and we always want to be able to spend enough time on it to do it right.   The analysis typically takes about 1 hour.  We charge $250 for legal research.  If you are interested in having us perform the research for you, please give us a call, we would be glad to help you.   If you cannot afford to hire us, you may be able to get some information from the Nevada Department of Public Safety, the agency responsible for implementing Nevada's sex offender tracking and registration system and web site.
Steven W.
14th September 2015 6:39pm
I was convicted in 2000 in California as a sex offender. I have lived in Nevada from 2003-2007 and retired here moving from Utah in 2013. I am categorized as a Tier 1 offender. Is it possible to petition removal from the registry this year, since 15 years have now passed since my conviction? I have had no subsequent offenses. Please advise. Thank you.
In Nevada, the full term of registration for a Tier 1 offender is 15 years. Therefore if you have continuously registered, your registration may naturally expire. This may have been complicated (in their system) by moving a couple times over the past 15 years, so if your registration does not expire naturally, you should be eligible to petition for termination.  A Tier 1 offender must have registered for 10 consecutive years prior to seeking early termination. If you are interested in having us research your status further and file a motion for early termination if necessary, please contact us.
Grover Berry
2nd May 2015 11:14am
I took a plea deal which was an Alford plea deal, and I was sentenced to serve 5 years probation and 10 years of life time supervision. This case was a he said she said; I was falsely accused. I was doing some research and in Nevada for a tier 2 level it said that after 25 years you can petition to get off the sex registration list, is this case by case?
Unfortunately, Tier 2 offenders are currently the only tier that has no option to terminate registration requirements early.  Tier 2 must register for 25 years. At that time your registration should just end naturally, you should not need to petition for it at that time, unless the law changes, as 25 years is the full term of registration required for Tier two..

Add Comment

Please use this section to ask questions about the law, our law firm or our services. If you have questions about your particular situation or wish to hire us to perform a service, please take the online eligibility test, read our website's extensive frequently asked question section or call us at (877) 573-7273.

Questions about your right to possess a firearm in a state other than the state where the conviction occurred generally require research for which we charge $250.

* Required information
(never displayed)
Instantly find out if you're eligible on our Eligibility Test

5 I am overwhelmed with joy that I found this service, I thought that I was going to live with the albatross for the rest of my life. They made this process as easy as it possibly could be and for an incredibly affordable rate. I could not be happier.
See More Reviews
Free Eligibility Test
//Google New Tag Manager Code 0823 JM