× Open in the RecordGone App Get
Higbee & Associates, a national law firm

California Criminal Defense FAQFrequently Asked Questions

This page was designed to help our clients better understand our California Criminal Defense service. You will find answers to the questions we are most frequently asked.

Simply click on a question to see its answer:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask your question in the comments below so we can answer it for you!

Comments (4)

Topic: California Criminal Defense FAQ
Add a Comment

17th January 2017 2:35pm
I was charge with a dui. Can I try to get it off my record even though i have not gone to court yet?
No, you cannot clear your record until your case is completed.  If you are convicted, then you would have to wait until you complete your probation. However, if you are not convicted, then you have to wait until the prosecutor's office drops charges or decides not to file.  You can also attempt to terminate your probation early so that you can clear your case sooner.  You can easily determine if your case is eligible for expungement or some other type or relief by taking our online eligibility test.
James D. B.
8th April 2015 6:10am
I can not believe that I am convicted of grand theft on person for breaking my fiancee's cell phone that I bought her; I did not steal it I broke it because she took mine and had it all weekend and besides that her phone cost less than $100. They also imposed a restraining order on me and she just had my baby and was living at my house with me even after I went to jail she stayed at my house until she had the baby then she went to stay with her mom. Now her Mom is dying and I just want to take care of them and it's nearly impossible to get a job with that on my record. What I really want to do is join the military like my brother. He got killed in Afghanistan in 2009 he was a SF Green Beret and I'm not a thief but this trumped up charge sure makes me look like a real loser. Besides I thought that something had to be worth $500 or $5000 before it could be considered grand theft? Can you help me please?
Sorry to hear of the legal troubles you have had. Please contact our office over the phone to discuss your case was us. In order to give you the best information we will need more information and discuss exactly what you are hoping to accomplish now that the conviction has already been entered. Thank you.
5th September 2014 8:40pm
Does the Judge that did the sentencing have anything to do with the approval?
5th September 2014 8:57pm
The answer really varies by court. In most courts, one or two judges are assigned to handle expungement matters as part of their duties. So, there is a chance that the original sentencing judge could be the judge who makes the ruling on the expungement, but unless it is small county and court, it is highly unlikely.

Add Comment

Please use this section to ask questions about the law, our law firm or our services. If you have questions about your particular situation or wish to hire us to perform a service, please take the online eligibility test, read our website's extensive frequently asked question section or call us at (877) 573-7273.

Questions about your right to possess a firearm in a state other than the state where the conviction occurred generally require research for which we charge $250.

* Required information
(never displayed)
Instantly find out if you're eligible on our Eligibility Test

5 I am overwhelmed with joy that I found this service, I thought that I was going to live with the albatross for the rest of my life. They made this process as easy as it possibly could be and for an incredibly affordable rate. I could not be happier.
See More Reviews
Free Eligibility Test
//Google New Tag Manager Code 0823 JM