× Open in the RecordGone App Get
Higbee & Associates, a national law firm

Texas Civil Rights Restoration

Do you have a felony conviction that has caused you to lose your civil rights in Texas? We are Texas civil rights restoration experts and we want to help you.

Your conviction may have caused you to lose your civil rights in Texas. Your civil rights include the ability to vote, hold office, serve on a jury, licensing privileges for certain types of employment, and the right to serve as Executor or Administrator of an estate. We know that losing these basic American rights can cause you distress and frustration. Fortunately, the law of Texas does allow for individuals to regain their civil rights in certain circumstances. We have helped thousands of people like you regain their rights and we want to use this experience to help you.

This service is for those who have suffered a Federal, Military, or Tribal conviction. Unfortunately, we are no longer offering this service.

Get started right away by taking this free evaluation to find out if you are eligible to have your civil rights restored in TX.

Set Aside, Pardon, and Application for Restoration of Civil Rights - Law in TX

There are different paths to getting your civil rights restored in Texas depending upon what type of conviction you have.

If you have a felony Texas state conviction you may be able to get your rights restored by having your conviction set aside or by requesting a full pardon from the governor. In order to qualify for a set aside, you must be on community supervision or have successfully completed community supervision among other requirements. If you are ineligible for a set aside, the only way to regain your civil rights is by requesting a full pardon from the Governor per Texas Code of Criminal Procedure Article 48.01.

Take this eligibility test to determine what type of relief you qualify for and get started today toward having a new life.

If you have a federal or foreign conviction taking away your civil rights in Texas, Texas Code of Criminal Procedure Article 48.05 allows you to make an application for the restoration of your civil rights. An application for the restoration of your civil rights is considered a form of pardon. The requirements for making an application to restore your civil rights under Article 48.05 are as follows:

  • The federal or foreign offense must not involve violence or threat of violence, drugs or firearms.
  • Sentence for the offense must be completed
  • For a federal offense, the conviction must have occurred at least three years before the date of the application
  • For a foreign offense, the conviction must have occurred at least two years before the date of the application.
  • Must not have any other conviction at any other time for any offense under the laws in Texas, another state or the United States.

In order to have the restoration granted, a person must submit three or more affidavits from others attesting to the person's good character. We can assist with the drafting of the affidavits; however, three people must be able to recommend you for the restoration. Proof that your sentence is completed must also be attached to the application.

The application to restore your civil rights can be submitted to the sheriff of the county where you reside at the time of the application or resided at the time of the conviction of the offense, or it can be submitted directly to the Board of Pardons and Paroles. If submitted to the sheriff, the sheriff will review the application and decide whether to recommend to the Board that your rights should be restored. If the sheriff does not recommend your rights be restored, the application can then be sent directly to the Board. If the sheriff does recommend your rights be restored the Board may agree with the recommendation and forward it to the governor or do an independent review to determine whether to recommend your restoration of rights to the governor. If initially your application is sent to Board of Pardons and Paroles then they will review it and decide whether to recommend the restoration of your rights. During the Board’s review of an application, they may require additional information.

Once the governor receives the Board of Pardons and Paroles recommendation, the governor may deny or grant the restoration of civil rights to the individual. If the governor grants your restoration of civil rights, the governor shall issue a certificate of restoration of civil rights.

If your application is denied, another application cannot be made until a year has passed since the date of the denial.

Process for Application for Restoration of Civil Rights

We get started on your case as soon as you sign on. Because we are so experienced in these cases, we know how to work on them as fast as possible. The Board of Pardons and Paroles deal with cases on a first-come, first-served basis, and the time it takes to deal with each case varies. Applications for restoration of civil rights can take anywhere from several months to several years.

Because civil rights restorations can take many years to receive an answer, our representation ends when the application is submitted to the board that considers pardons. If we can, we will still provide support after submission, although this would require a separate agreement and potentially an additional fee.

Our flat fee includes all costs. We will conduct the research, compose and file your application, gather affidavits recommending your rights restoration, and complete any other work necessary to file your application to restore your rights. You can monitor the status of your case by logging into our online case management system.

We also have a low-price guarantee. Just show us a competitor’s quote or ad and we will match it.

Take our online eligibility test to find out exactly
how you can remove your criminal records.

Texas Civil Rights Restoration

Why choose RecordGone.com?

Benefits Record​Gone​.com Typical Attorney Site
More than 30,000 successful cases Yes No
"A+" rating with Better Business Bureau Yes No
Updates background check companies Yes No
Gladly offers to price match Yes No
Work starts with your first payment Yes No
Fastest possible results Yes No
50+ combined years of experience Yes No
National law firm Yes No
Online case management system Yes No
Experts who helped create expungement law Yes No
Award-winning customer service Yes No
Interest-free payment plans Yes No

Stop letting the past determine your future.

Sign Up Online *

* You must first take our free eligibility test in order to sign up online.
RecordGone Expungement Law Firm Rated 'A+' by the BBB for 15+ years RecordGone Expungement Law Firm with 4.9/5 stars out of over 1169 Shopper Approved Ratings RecordGone Expungement Law Firm Rated  on Avvo

Our Office Locations in Texas Visits by appointment only. See our locations nationwide

Serving All of Texas

5 I am overwhelmed with joy that I found this service, I thought that I was going to live with the albatross for the rest of my life. They made this process as easy as it possibly could be and for an incredibly affordable rate. I could not be happier.
See More Reviews
Free Eligibility Test
//Google New Tag Manager Code 0823 JM