Is your information currently being displayed on the Megan's Law Website in California? If so, you may be eligible for removal, and we want to help you by petitioning the California Department of Justice to have it removed.
Take our free online eligibility test to see if you are eligible to have your information removed from the Megan's Law Website.
Even if you are eligible for an expungement in California, the expungement will not remove a person from the Megan's Law Website. To be removed from the sex offender web site, you must submit an application to the Department of Justice (DOJ). Penal Code section 290.46(e) provides that registrants whose only registrable sex offenses are for the following offenses may apply for exclusion:
(1) sexual battery by restraint (Penal Code § 243.4, subd. (a));
(2) misdemeanor child molestation (Penal Code § 647.6, or former section 647a);
(3) felony obscene matter (Penal Code § 311.1, 311.2(b), (c), or (d) , 311.3, 311.4, 311.10 or 311.11) where all the victims involved in the commission of the offenses were at least 16 years of age at the time of the commission; or
(4) any offense which did not involve penetration or oral copulation, the victim of which was a child, stepchild, grandchild, or sibling of the offender, and for which the offender successfully completed or is successfully completing probation.
Registered sex offenders who are granted exclusion from the Megan's Law web site must still register as sex offenders, unless they are granted a Certificate of Rehabilitation.
We start researching your case the day that you sign up with us. We have the experience necessary to get your information removed from the Megan's Law Website as quickly as possible. The time it will take to get your information removed will vary depending on how busy the DOJ is at the time the application is filed, but the typical removal in California takes at least six months.
Our flat fee includes all costs. We will conduct the research, file the necessary application, and respond to any objections. In most cases, you will not have to physically appear at a hearing. You can let us handle all the work, while you track the progress of your case online.
We also have a low-price guarantee. Just show us a competitor’s quote or ad and we will match it.
We succeed on more than 97 percent of our California cases. While each case is different, if you meet the eligibility requirements for removal from the Megan's Law website, then we are confident that we can get your information removed.
|Megan's Law Website Removal||Our Law Firm||Typical Law Firm|
|Pays Court Costs||Yes||No|
|Specializes in Record Clearing||Yes||No|
|Get started with $49.00 Plus 3 interest-free monthly payments of only $484.00.|
* This price includes filing fees and court costs.
|Benefits||RecordGone.com||Typical Attorney Site|
|More than 25,000 successful cases||Yes||No|
|"A+" rating with Better Business Bureau||Yes||No|
|Updates background check companies||Yes||No|
|Gladly offers to price match||Yes||No|
|Work starts with your first payment||Yes||No|
|Fastest possible results||Yes||No|
|50+ combined years of experience||Yes||No|
|National law firm||Yes||No|
|Online case management system||Yes||No|
|Experts who helped create expungement law||Yes||No|
|Award-winning customer service||Yes||No|
|Interest-free payment plans||Yes||No|
Sign Up Online *
* You must first take our free eligibility test in order to sign up online.
1504 Brookhollow Drive
Santa Ana CA 92705
450 N. Brand Blvd.
Glendale CA 91203
2534 State Street
San Diego CA 92101
99 South Almaden Blvd.
San Jose CA 95113
3655 Torrance Blvd.
Torrance CA 90503